John W Fisher II
I'm an experienced creative technologist and detail oriented developer of interactive media, mobile apps, and games.
I build ideas better. I'm a maker.
VSA Partners, Director of Technology, Consumer Marketing
Chicago IL, 06/12 to present
The Material Group, Director of Technology
Chicago IL, 05/11 to 5/12
- Lead team of exceptionally skilled developers across back-end, front-end and mobile disciplines.
- Streamlined internal development focus, process and best practices while still pivoting when necessary.
- Ensured delivery of high-quality digital executions.
- Assessed and recommended staffing needs, potential resources and growth opportunities.
- Standardized on platforms, languages and third-party solutions.
- Evaluated technical requirements, functional specifications, and advised on strategy for all incoming projects.
- Generally spending too much time strategizing with emerging tech.
Independent Consultant, Creative Technologist / Flash Platform Specialist / iOS Developer
Chicago IL, 02/09 to 05/11
Doublejump Interactive, Lead Interactive Developer
Chicago IL / Atlanta GA, 02/09 to present
- Leading high-level front end execution on projects for for Yahoo, Blackberry, and Toyota
- Developing internal frameworks and shaping development of games, rich media, and interactive experiences across mobile, web and non-traditional devices.
- Advising and R&D on major Facebook, iPhone, and Android platform initiatives
Seven Lights LLC, Senior Engineer / Game Designer
Chicago IL, 11/07 to 02/09
- Implemented technical solutions and performance enhancements for The Continuum; an online collectibles game.
- Tech Lead on mini-game development for distribution through MochiAds, Kongregate, and other notable industry game portals.
- Lead research and development; performed exploratory evaluations of new media solutions and product distribution through the iPhone SDK and Adobe AIR.
Arc Worldwide, Senior Flash Build Engineer
Chicago IL, 07/07 to 11/07
- Lead development of projects for Phillip Morris, Visa, McDonalds and Whirlpool.
- Advisor on emerging technology and platform implementation.
- Coordinated solutions to streamline integration of contractor assets.
15 Letters Inc, Creative Technologist
Chicago IL, 11/04 to 06/07
- Developed large scale media-rich microsites and games for
a range of clients including M&Ms, Orbitz, Princess Cruise Lines, Coleco,
and TV Guide.
- Created and implemented ‘adver-games’ for Chrysler, ESPN, Hostway, and
- Advised on UI testing and user experience development
- Led projects from conception to completion, working closely with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, and content providers
- Helped expand company versatility with integration of new technologies.
Otherwise Incorporated, Creative Technologist
Chicago IL, 3/04 to 10/04
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary team to implement interactive multimedia solutions and innovative advertising for strategic design firm.
M.A. in Telecommunication
Emphasis in Digital Media Arts, Game Design
Michigan State University, 2003
Masters Thesis: Methods & Considerations in Online Game Design
B.A. in Telecommunication
Michigan State University, 2001
Experience with a number of frameworks & design patterns, including Box2DAS3, Pushbutton Engine, Away3d, Papervision3d, PureMVC, Facebook API/Facebook Connect, Robotlegs, the Flint Particle System, As3IsoLib, Flixel, and TweenLite/TweenMax
FWA Site Of The Day - Leroy the Hand
FWA Site Of The Day - M&M Minis: The Swarm
FWA Site Of The Day - Bob's Cube
Webby Peoples Choice - ESPN 360 Bar Sports
Marcom Gold Award - The Dancing Bride Microsite
SXSW Web Awards Finalist - Leroy the Hand
Gladly available upon request, though recommendations may be found via full